Test The adjusting head of the Spine-Align contains an impact hammer, an anvil, a piezoelectric sensor and is equipped with various testing probes.
Our adjusting head is the only one on the market that makes real percussions because the mass is not fused with the sensor.
Piezoelectricity is the charge which accumulates in certain solid materials, notably crystals, certain ceramics, and biological matter such as bone, DNA and various proteins, in response to applied mechanical strain.
The word piezoelectricity means electricity resulting from pressure.
Steps of Spine-Align piezoelectric testing:
- The sensor produces an electrical output when struck
- This output is returned as a wave form
- The waveform is like a fingerprint for different materials
- The sensing head detects the fingerprint of the area being tested by imparting a light tap to the contact area
- The amount of preload is exactly the same every time (5 to 7 pounds)
- The computer determines the force and frequency to use for a treatment